Friday, December 28, 2012

Jumping back on the bandwagon

After a long hiatus with barely any running, I am getting back into the swing of things now.  I'm ready to get back in shape, speed up my running and prepare for the run of my life (to date).  That is, I'm currently scoping out a 100 mile race to do this summer (sometime between May-July).  I find I'm easily bored and need a new challenge, so this will be perfect for me.

I've done a couple of races this month, as noted in my completed/upcoming races posts, but those were basically done without any training runs.  And my times showed it.  My last race was the Atlanta Christmas 5K in Virginia Highlands (an area close to where I live in Atlanta), and my time was abysmal.  It was a difficult day for a run, with lots of hills, windy conditions and only about 28 degrees!  Add that to the fact that I haven't been running and my weight has been steadily climbing since April, and it's not a pretty picture.  My chip time was 27:47, which put me  at 22/126 in the F25-29 group, which as it turns out, was the largest number for a single age group!  Huge race.

My mom's time was 30:25, 16/63 in F45-49 group.

Since then I've run three more times, my most recent run being into town from my family's lakehouse - an 11.4 mile run today.  Making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment